Stir the lentils into the boiling vegetable stock, cover and leave to cook for 20 minutes. Sauté the chopped onions in olive oil until glazed. Add the grated carrot. Add tomato puree and lentils. Season with salt, thyme, basil, oregano and sugar and simmer for 20 min. Mix in the cinnamon. Serve with noodles and freshly grated parmesan.
- 100 g organic lentils (red, beluga, green or brown lentils)
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 organic onion
- Organic Olive oil faritrade
- 100 g grated organic carrots
- 500 g organic tomato puree
- Salt, thyme, basil, oregano, ½ tsp. cinnamon, 3 tbsp. sugar